All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionCanadian Television: Text and Context explores the creation and circulation of entertainment television in Canada from the interdisciplinary perspective of television studies. Each chapter connects arguments about particular texts of Canadian television to critical analysis of the wider cultural, social, and ecomic contexts in which they are created. The book surveys the commercial and techlogical imperatives of the Canadian television industry, the shifting role of the CBC as Canada's public broadcaster, the dynamics of Canada's multicultural and multiracial audiences, and the function of television's star system. Foreword by The Globe and Mail's television critic, John Doyle.
- Author BiographyEditors Marian Bredin , Scott Henderson , and Sarah A. Matheson are associate professors in the Department of Communication, Popular Culture and Film, and the MA Program in Popular Culture at Brock University.
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication07/12/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Weight185 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMarian Bredin,Sarah A. Matheson,Scott Henderson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.