Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionCanadian Writers at Work features ten interviews from Canadian Fiction Magazine , a unique Canadian literary quarterly devoted solely to fiction. Margaret Atwood, Clarke Blaise, Mavis Gallant, Jack Hodgins, Robert Kroetsh, Bharati Mukherjee, Alice Munro, Leon Rooke, Jane Rule, and Josef Skvorecky discuss their work, their narrative strategies, and the growth of a major literaure. For many of these writers, Geoff Hancock's interview was the first in-depth discussion of their fiction. Hancock asks about the pressures placed on the art of fiction by the contemporary world, modernist and post-modernist techniques, the influence of biography, and the morality of art. Hancock's unique position as an editor and publisher of invative short fiction enables him to engage in stimulating conversation with some of Canada's most creative and respected writers. Together, these interviews, many previously out of print, constitute a fresh and invigorating debate on the nature of Canadian literature.
- PublisherOxford University Press, Canada
- Date of Publication22/10/1987
- Country of PublicationCanada
- First Published1987
- ImprintOxford University Press, Canada
- Out-of-print date26/06/2010
- Weight385 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byGeoff Hancock
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.