All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new title in the Crossbill Guides Series covers Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, the two easternmost Canary Islands. Lanzarote and Fuerteventura only recently became kwn to the general public as a winter destination for sun seekers. However, these islands, with their odd mix of Volcanic and Saharan-style desert landscapes, support a wonderful flora and fauna - especially birds - many of which occur where else in Europe (or even the world) but here. As any Crossbill Guide, the Canary Islands Vol. 1 - Lanzarote and Fuerteventura guide gives detailed route descriptions (9 in total) and site descriptions (about 10) for naturalists throughout both islands, covering the best sites for birdwatching, finding wildflowers, dragonflies and butterflies, seeing marine life and the most remarkable geological sites. It also gives detailed information on tracking down the evolutionary processes that shaped the unique ecology of these isolated Atlantic Islands. This information comes with extensive descriptions of the ecology, geology, history and flora and fauna of Lanzarote and Fuerteventura.
- Author BiographyDirk Hilbers (The Netherlands, 1976), biologist, is the founder of the Crossbill Guides Foundation and travels the continent to write Crossbill Guides about the most beautiful natural areas of Europe. He has specialized in flora, insects, ecology and land use. Kees Woutersen (The Netherlands, 1956) lives and works in Huesca, the foothills of the Spanish Pyrenees. He runs Aragon Natuurreizen, a nature travel company specialising in Spain and Portugal. Kees Woutersen wrote several books on the nature of the Spanish Pyrenees, including the Crossbill Guides to the Spanish Pyrenees.
- Author(s)Dirk Hilbers,Kees Woutersen
- PublisherCrossbill Guides Foundation
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationArnhem
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintCrossbill Guides Foundation
- Content NoteColour illustrations, photographs and maps throughout
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.