All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionCancer-causing viruses, also called oncoviruses, play a key role in the development of certain cancers. They contribute to genetic changes that disrupt the cell cycle machinery, interfering with functions such as cell growth. Cancer-Causing Viruses and Their Inhibitors presents a plethora of research from internationally reputed contributors who discuss different types of oncoviruses, their mechanisms of invasion and growth, and their life cycles. The book begins with an overview of the oncoviruses discovered to date and includes a brief description of their structures, getypes, replication, and mechanisms of infection leading to cancers. It then explores several of these viruses in detail, including: * Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) * Hepatitis C virus (HCV) * Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) * Human papilloma virus (HPV) * Human herpes virus 8 (HHV-8)/Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpes virus (KSHV) * Human immudeficiency virus (HIV/AIDS) * Oncolytic viruses This book is an essential reference for those working in virology, oncology, and biotechlogy. The discoveries presented will enable researchers and clinicians to optimize both historical and current approaches to anti-viral therapies.
- Author BiographyDr. Satya P. Gupta is a Professor in the Department of Applied Sciences at the National Institute of Technical Teachers' Training and Research (NITTTR), Bhopal, India. Dr Gupta is one of the pioneers of QSAR (quantitative structure-activity relationship). He has published approximately 200 papers in various reputed journals on the topic and contributed dozens of authoritative reviews in prestigious review journals. This book is a result of his vast experience working in QSAR.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/05/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note85 black & white illustrations, 21 colour illustrations, 24 black & white tables
- Weight861 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited bySatya Prakash Gupta
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.