All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith many recent advances, cancer cell culture research is more important than ever before. This timely edition of Cancer Cell Culture: Methods and Protocols covers the basic concepts of cancer cell biology and culture while expanding upon the recent shift in cell culture methods from the generation of new cell lines to the use of primary cells. There are methods to characterize and authenticate cell lines, to isolate and develop specific types of cancer cells, and to develop new cell line models. Functional assays are provided for the evaluation of clogenicity, cell proliferation, apoptosis, adhesion, migration, invasion, senescence, angiogenesis, and cell cycle parameters. Other methods permit the modification of cells for transfection, drug resistance, immortalization, and transfer in vivo, the co-culture of different cell types, and the detection and treatment of contamination. In this new edition, specific emphasis is placed on safe working practice for both cells and laboratory researchers. These chapters contain the information critical to success - only by good practice and quality control will the results of cancer cell culture improve. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and tes on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and accessible, Cancer Cell Culture: Methods and Protocols serves as a practical guide for scientists of all backgrounds and aims to convey the appropriate sense of fascination associated with this research field.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication25/04/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number731
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1153 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byIan A. Cree
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2011
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.