All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the spring of 2000, stand-up comedian Robert Schimmel was diagsed with stage III n-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and soon the fire of his white-hot career started to fizzle. But Schimmel never lost his sense of humor, his searing honesty, and most of all, his passion to make people laugh. Indeed, it was his basic need to entertain--even if the only people around him were suffering from cancer and the room he was playing was the Mayo Clinic infusion center--that carried him through his ordeal. Alternately laugh-out-loud funny and deeply moving, Cancer on 5 a Day is a stirring account of how one man's face-off with a deadly disease helped him better understand himself, and ultimately changed his life.
- Author BiographyRobert Schimmel was named one of Comedy Central's 100 Greatest Comics. He is a regular on Howard Stern and Conan O'Brien. He lives in Los Angeles. Alan Eisenstock is the author of several nonfiction works. He lives in Pacific Palisades, California.
- Author(s)Robert Schimmel
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication02/04/2009
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.