All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll parties seem to be in agreement that the rivalry between the University of Miami and the University of Florida is as nasty and historical as they come; going back to the thirties, it's the state of Florida's oldest major rivalry. Gators beat writer Pat Dooley described the vitriolic rivalry to the author simply as vile. History would prove that to be true. In Canes vs. Gators, coaches Urban Meyer, Howard Schnellenberger, Steve Spurrier, Larry Coker, and Ron Zook and several former table players on both sides of the rivalry, along with key media members for both schools, offer their unique commentary on the intensity of the rivalry. For example, Schnellenberger recalled with anger that after his staff and team were pelted with frozen oranges in 1980, he kicked an extra meaningless field goal in a blowout victory ...and he wished he'd called on his punter to take the ball and launch it into the Florida student section! Author Marty Strasen, who covered both schools for over a decade, brings to life the greatest moments of this historic rivalry. This book is the perfect gift for Florida college football fans! Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyMarty Strasen, a sports writer and editor for the more than twenty years, spent a decade writing for The Tampa Tribune, where he contributed to coverage of both Miami and Florida football. He also spent time at Football News/Basketball Weekly and The Courier (Waterloo, Iowa). Strasen has authored several sports books, including histories of the New York Giants and Notre Dame football teams. He lives in the San Jose, California, area and works on the eBay campus as Global VP of Development for Triad Retail Media, a Florida-based digital agency.
- Author(s)Marty Strasen
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Content Note20 B&W photos
- Weight414 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byBrock Berlin
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.