All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite devastating bomb damage during the Second World War, Canterbury offers visitors a wonderful mix of 2,000 years of history within the framework of a modern city. Millions of visitors come every year to experience the rare flavour of its ancient streets and buildings, and to visit its spectacular cathedral. It was here in 1170 that Norman knights struck down and killed Archbishop Thomas Becket; pilgrims have travelled to the site ever since, bringing prosperity to the city for centuries. But the cathedral and its precincts are just one of the treasures that bring people to the city: with its links to literary greats including Christopher Marlowe, Geoffrey Chaucer and Charles Dickens - and even Rupert Bear! - plus a host of wonderful museums to explore, there is much to discover and enjoy in Canterbury.
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitkin Publishing
- Content Note80 colour illustrations
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $59.27
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $25.94
- AU $27.97Trending at AU $31.84
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.59
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.80
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.88
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.