All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart trail map, part field guide, part regional history, Cape Scott and the North Coast Trail is the first comprehensive guidebook about one of Vancouver Island's most iconic destinations. Each year, thousands of backpackers and nature lovers head to the rthern limits of Vancouver Island, bound for the jewel of the region: Cape Scott Provincial Park and the recently completed North Coast Trail. Cape Scott, 115 kilometres of wave- and weather-beaten coastline, encompasses every dramatic element of Pacific Northwest geography. Rocky headlands neighbour sandy beaches and protected coves; bogs house sensitive amphibians and plants; and inland, a dense network of towering conifers, ferns, salal and beds of moss define the rainforest. The North Coast Trail wends its way through this paradise, offering hikers a rugged trek to Cape Sutil, a place steeped in First Nations history, beautiful ocean views along the long sandy beach at Shuttleworth Bight and glimpses of one of the largest intact coastal wetlands in British Columbia, an upland bog housing sandhill cranes and a variety of endemic species. Cape Scott and the North Coast Trail equips visitors with everything they need to kw to make the most of the park. Illustrated with accurate maps and vivid photographs, and loaded with details about biology and human history, the guide is perfect for the day tripper, serious backpacker or anyone wanting to learn more about the culture and wildlife of the region.
- Author BiographyMaria Bremner has been an avid hiker, nature enthusiast and writer all her life. She studied English and Environmental Studies at the University of Victoria, and has extensive experience hiking the trails of Vancouver Island. Cape Scott has held a special place in her heart since her first visit in 1998. She lives in Victoria, BC.
- Author(s)Maria Bremner
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Note100 colour photos & maps
- Weight416 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.