Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive picture of the recent trends and developments in the Indian finance scenario. It provides the reader with: A comprehensive description and assessment of the Indian capital markets An analytical approach together with a description of major recent developments and the current status of the finance sector The collection deals with issues like brokerage, security analysis, and underwriting, as well as the legal infrastructure of the markets. It focuses primarily on the Indian stock markets, corporate bond markets and derivatives markets. It also looks at the importance of asset management companies such as those involved with mutual funds, pension funds and venture capital funds to gain a better understanding of the asset management industry in India. This volume has a distinctive and eclectic author list that includes academicians, a prominent corporate lawyer from India, top executives from the leading stock exchange in India, and the head of a key private investment research company, all of whom represent the best in their respective fields.
- Author BiographyRajesh Chakrabarti is a member of the faculty of finance at the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, India. He is also a columnist for the leading national business daily, The Financial Express. He has previously taught at the College of Management, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA, and the University of Alberta, Canada, and has held various visiting positions, including those at the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, and the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Professor Chakrabarti's research interests include the areas of Indian financial markets, international fi nance, microfi nance, and political economy. He has published several articles in top academic journals, including the Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Financial Markets, and the Journal of International Business Studies. He has authored two books, The Financial Sector in India-Emerging Issues and The Asian Manager's Handbook of E-Commerce and edited a recent volume titled The Other India-Realities of an Emerging Power. Professor Chakrabarti received his Post Graduate Diploma in Management (equivalent to MBA) from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and a Ph.D. in Management from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Sankar De is the Executive Director, Centre for Analytical Finance (CAF), Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, India. Until recently, he taught graduate programs at the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, USA. He also completed his Ph.D. in finance from Berkeley. Professor De's teaching and research interests include all major fields of corporate finance, including corporate valuation, corporate diversification and planning, and corporate mergers, acquisitions and spin-offs. His pioneering research work on the merger and consolidation of financial institutions received a US national research award in 1988. Since coming to the ISB, his research work has focused on non-traditional, alternative methods of financing, and non-legal mechanisms to settle commercial disputes, and enforce contracts used by large and small firms in India and other emerging economies. Part of this work, jointly with Franklin Allen (Wharton) and other international scholars, is a top download at Social Science Research Network and has been presented at scholarly forums across the world. Professor De was nominated for the teacher-of-the-year award several times at the Haas School of Business. He has been profiled in Business Week's Annual Guide to the Best Business Schools.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2010
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byRajesh Chakrabarti,Sankar De
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.