All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHerman Mashaba is a self-made entrepreneur who started his business Black Like Me in the dark days of apartheid. He has told the story of his journey from the poverty of Hammanskraal to the comfort of a successful business in his book Black Like You. When Nelson Mandela became South Africa's president in 1994, Mashaba thought his struggle for personal and ecomic freedom was over, the battle was won. Twenty-one years later, he has had to question that assumption as his hard won freedoms are eroded and ecomic controls tighten. Mashaba is committed to freeing South Africans from poverty. In this book Mashaba outlines his crusade for ecomic freedom for all South Africans - through a firm commitment to capitalist principles. He describes the changes in his political affiliations and maps out the route South Africa needs to follow to escape entrenched unemployment and poverty.
- Author BiographyHerman Mashaba is a Non-Executive Director of Black Like Me (Pty) Ltd which he co-founded in 1985. He is Executive Chairman of Lephatsi Investments (Pty) Ltd, Leswikeng Group of Companies and Phatsima Group of Companies and holds several other directorships. In 2004 Mashaba won the FMF's Free Market Award for his exceptional contribution to the cause of economic freedom.
- Author(s)Herman Mashaba
- Date of Publication02/11/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNorthcliff
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.