All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterpreting the path of the future is made easier by understanding the past. In light of this adage, Capitalizing Kwledge examines the history of Canadian business faculties in their search for professional legitimacy. As the title suggests, this volume is an overview of the development of business schools in Canadian universities. Business faculties have different characteristics; some are ted for generating management research, while others generate interaction with the business community. Some programs are famous for their MBA graduates, others for their undergraduate students. This collection of essays describes the critical events that have defined the character of these faculties and societies of business education in Canada over the course of the twentieth century. Eight universities are profiled, including Queen's, York, and the University of Toronto. In addition, the development of the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (ASAC) is traced. The first book of its kind, Capitalizing Kwledge contains original research by some of the leading Canadian business school academics, who describe how these programs have evolved. The contributors all te the particular importance of organization culture and values in moulding the actions of faculty members. They also highlight the difficulties associated with establishing a body of kwledge in business management and transforming that kwledge to suit ever-changing business organizations and industry at large.
- Author BiographyBarbara Austin is a professor at Brock University. She has taught university management courses for twenty years.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication08/07/2000
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleHeritage
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byBarbara J. Austin
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.