All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternational financial centres have come to represent a major ecomic stake. Yet historical study has been devoted to them. Professor Cassis, a leading financial historian, attempts to fill this gap by providing a comparative history of the most important centres that constitute the capitals of capital - New York, London, Frankfurt, Paris, Zurich, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore - from the beginning of the industrial age up to the present. The book has been conceived as a reflection on the dynamics of the rise and decline of international financial centres, setting them in their ecomic, political, social, and cultural context. While rooted in a strong and lively historical narrative, it draws on the concepts of financial ecomics in its analysis of events. It should widely appeal to business and finance professionals as well as to scholars and students in financial and ecomic history.
- Author BiographyYoussef Cassis is Professor of Economic and Social History at the University of Geneva. His work mainly focuses on banking and financial history, as well as business history more generally. His numerous publications on this subject include City Bankers 1890-1914 (1994) and Big Business: The European Experience in the Twentieth Century (1997).
- Author(s)Youssef Cassis
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/11/2006
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 tables
- Weight710 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Translated byJacqueline Collier
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.