All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTheories of ecomic growth focused on physical capital and its diffusion till the 1950s. Since then, increasing attention has been paid to the role and utility of kwledge, human capital, governance, institutions, and social capital as critical dimensions in determining ecomic growth and evolution. Focusing on the three forms of intangible capital-human, social, and institutional capital-this book looks at their dynamic linkages as crucial determinants of ecomic growth and their significance in the process of ecomic evolution. The author brings out this linkage at the macro level through case studies such as the growth experiences of Britain and America during the Industrial Revolution, Japan's high growth post-WWII and its recent lackadaisical growth experiences, and the contemporary growth experiences of China and India. The author presents an analysis of the interaction between the three intangible capitals at the firm level to explain the micro phemen.
- Author BiographyLalita Som has worked for the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Paris as well as the Commonwealth Secretariat, London.
- Author(s)Lalita Som
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteTables: 2 and Figures: 1
- Weight496 g
- Width149 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.