All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the Maharaja of Bekar dies suddenly and mysteriously, Captain Congo and his loyal offsider Pug are despatched by the Agency to investigate. They arrive in India to find the Palace of Rajputana teeming with intrigue. Even as preparations begin for young Prince Beki to be ainted as the next maharaja, it is clear that powerful enemies are scheming against him. While Pug goes deep under cover, the ever-observant Captain Congo races against time to unravel the villains' plot.
- Author BiographyRuth Starke has worked in public relations and travel marketing, and at a great variety of other jobs - of which the most interesting, she says, were selling French perfume in Harrods, cooking on the radio, taking tourists to Kashmir, and interviewing Grand Prix drivers. Ruth turned to fiction writing in 1992, and since then has written over a dozen award-winning and best-selling novels for young people including Aussie Chomps- Catland, Stella by the Sea and Captain Stella. Ruth lives in Adelaide where she teaches English at Flinders University and creative writing at TAFE. She reviews for Viewpoint and Australian Book Review magazines, has been a judge for the National Festival Awards for Children's Literature since 1995, and is deputy chair of the South Australian Writers' Centre. For more information visit- http-//www.ruthstarke.itgo.com/index2.htm
- Author(s)Ruth Starke
- PublisherWorking Title Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2009
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationKingswood, SA
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintWorking Title Press
- Weight542 g
- Width236 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Greg Holfeld
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.