All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a far off land full of mountains, dust and danger, there is a newfound freedom. Children who once cowered in fear, imprisoned in their homes as war raged outside, w look forward to walking to school. Girls who were once forbidden from attending school, w fill classrooms. There is a new hope seen in the eyes of the wonderful people of Afghanistan. I am an American Soldier, this is my story. Captain K's Afghanistan Adventure is a n-fictional account of my year spent in Afghanistan. I was a U.S. Army Embedded Tactical Trainer, embedded as a combat advisor in an Infantry Company of the Afghan National Army. While war is in itself a horrendous act, this book brings light to why U.S. service men and women are sacrificing their lives in this foreign land. This book highlights the wonderful children of Afghanistan and how we as Americans are helping such wonderful people build their country out of the ashes of war.
- Author BiographyMichael A. Kuszpa is a native and resident of Madison Connecticut. His love of the outdoors and nature led him to study marine science at the University of Miami. After graduation, he was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army through the Reserve Officer's Training Corps. Kuszpa served eight years in the U.S. Army both active duty and in the Army National Guard. During his service he obtained the rank of Captain, commanded an Air Defense Artillery Battery, and served overseas in Afghanistan. In Afghanistan, Kuszpa was embedded with the Afghan National Army as an Embedded Tactical Trainer who accompanied and mentored a company of Afghan soldiers during all their combat and humanitarian missions in Eastern Afghanistan. Kuszpa is now attending Southern Connecticut State University on his path to becoming a high school science teacher. He is also a husband to his wonderful wife Cheryl and a father of his two wonderful girls Nicole and Alexis.
- Author(s)Michael A Kuszpa
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $36.11Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.