All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $30.74Free postage
- AU $38.75Free postage
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $25.73Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
About this product
- DescriptionA special anniversary edition to celebrate a swashbuckling fantasy that remains as contemporary today as it did 70 years ago. Captain Slaughterboard is the most ferocious and wicked pirate you could ever imagine. He likes thing better than cutting people up with his cutlass or making them walk the plank. Then one day, on a remote island, he spies a strange Yellow Creature - and from that time on, he's a changed man. How he loves the Yellow Creature! They become the best of friends, always together, sailing the oceans. But will Captain Slaughterboard ever drop anchor for good? From the cult velist Mervyn Peake, with a new introduction by his son, Fabian.
- Author BiographyMervyn Peake (1911-1968) wrote poetry and plays, was a painter and illustrator and designed theatrical costumes. But he is best known for his Gormenghast trilogy, which includes the novels Titus Groan, Gormenghast and Titus Alone. Several of his works have since been adapted into television and radio plays. Mervyn Peake also illustrated memorable editions of such classics as Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, The Hunting of the Snark, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and Treasure Island.
- Author(s)Mervyn Peake
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/11/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight632 g
- Width240 mm
- Height308 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mervyn Peake
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.