All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Captain of the Host, the Supreme Test: Two Plays Living room of a stately decayed house with fireplace in one corner. The furniture is dilapidated, the carpet on the floor faded and worn. There are several chairs, a Boston rocker and, a big arm chair of leather, a couch with pillows and spread with an Indian blanket, a tree for wraps, a stand on which is a lamp. In the middle is a large antique table of mahogany with heavy carved legs, claw feet, whose top, without covering, is defaced with scratches. It is littered untidily with books and magazines. Enter Christopher Faring, heavy and portly, deliberate and humorous of speech, a major in the Civil War of 1861-'65, and Peter Taggart, a bachelor of fifty, slight and muscular of figure, spruce in his appearance. From his coat pocket protrudes a bottle. Time - Eight o'clock of evening in May. Scene I Major Faring - (To Taggart.) It doesn't follow, because we got in, that Dave's here. Latch string always out is his motto. (Strikes the floor heavily with his cane.) Hey! isn't any one home? About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Florence Elise Hyde
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.