All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCard games offer loads of fun and one of the best socializing experiences out there. But picking up winning card strategies is a bit of a challenge, and though your buddies may think that picking up the rules of the game is easy, winning is a totally different story. With Card Games For Dummies, Second Edition , you'll t only be able to play the hottest card games around, you can also apply game-winning strategies and tips to have fun and beat your opponents. Now updated, this hands-on guide shows you everything you need to kw - the basics, the tricks, and the techniques - to become a master card player, with expanded coverage on poker as well as online gaming and tournaments.Soon you will have the card-playing power to: pin down your opponents in Texas Hold'em; show off your power in Stud Poker; hit wisely in Blackjack; break hearts ruthlessly in Hearts; mix up the night with Gin and Rummy; build yourself a victory in Bridge; and send them fishing in Go Fish. This straightforward, -nsense guide features great ways to improve your game and have more fun, as well as a list of places to find out more about your favorite game. It also profiles different variations of each game, making you a player for all seasons!
- Author BiographyBarry Rigal was born with a deck of cards in his hand. Having started with the children's games, Whist, Rummy, and Solitaire, he moved on to Bridge at the age of 12. After graduating from Oxford University (where he captained the Bridge team), he worked in accountancy. Highlights of his work career were learning how to play Piquet and Clobyosh in the Tax Department of Thomson McLintock. After four years with Price Waterhouse, supervising the partnership's Bridge team, he went into the world of business, working seven years in the Oil Taxation department of Conoco. During that time he began a career as a journalist and commentator on card games. Over the course of the last two decades he has written newspaper and magazine articles and six books on Bridge.
- Author(s)Barry Rigal
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/10/2005
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight556 g
- Width187 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.