All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn summary, there are many animal models that are useful in selecting new antiarrhythmic drugs. The selection of which model is most idea depends upon precisely what question is being asked. The large number of experimental models used to evaluate antiarrhythmic compounds points out the inability of anyone model to define the probability of antiarrhythmic efficacy in man. It has therefore become standard practice to utilize a batter of animal models for the evaluation of new antiarrhythmic agents. Each model has its own advantages and disadvantages and it is necessary to understand each model fully in oder to evaluate experimental findings and apply them to clinical settings. We believe that the availability of the chronic myocardial infarction ventricular tachyarrhythmia model provides 1) an excellent opportunity to more precisely understand arrhythmia mechanisms, 2) to develop new techniques such as signal averaging for evaluating late low level potentials identifying hearts at high risk of sudden death 3) to identify new antifibrillatory drugs versus drugs that are effective primarily against PVC's and ventricular tachycardia 4) to identify new surgical techniques to eliminate VT/VF, and 5) to evaluate new pacing modalities including implantable cardioverters. Although all animal models are wrong, many are very useful in furthering our kwledge directed at decreasing the distressingly high mortality from heart disease. NORMAL HtART TACHYCMDIA HtART , .. ' \ I I I I I I I I I .
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/10/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleDevelopments in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number47
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight569 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byE. Neil Moore,Joel Morganroth
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.