All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionCardiac computed tomography (CT) has become a highly accurate diagstic modality that continues to attract increasing attention. This extensively illustrated book aims to assist the reader in integrating cardiac CT into daily clinical practice, while also reviewing its current technical status and applications. Clear guidance is provided on the performance and interpretation of imaging using the latest techlogy, which offers greater coverage, better spatial resolution, and faster imaging while also providing functional information about cardiac diseases. The specific features of scanners from all four main vendors, including those that have only recently become available, are presented. Among the wide range of applications and issues discussed are coronary calcium scoring, coronary artery bypass grafts, stents, and amalies, cardiac valves and function, congenital and acquired heart disease, and radiation exposure. Upcoming clinical uses of cardiac CT, such as hybrid imaging, preparation and follow-up after valve replacement, electrophysiology applications, myocardial perfusion and fractional flow reserve assessment, and plaque imaging, are also explored.
- Author BiographyMarc Dewey has published more than 130 papers on noninvasive cardiac imaging. Among them are landmark papers published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, British Medical Journal and the New England Journal of Medicine. He is a reviewer for over 20 journals among them the Annals of Internal Medicine, JAMA, and The Lancet and received the highest scientific awards of the German Rontgen Society - the Wilhelm-Conrad-Rontgen-Preis and the Rontgen-Ring. Dr. Dewey's team is well known for the cardiac imaging courses and he is a renowned speaker on cardiac imaging. Experts for the scanners of all four vendors such as Dr. Katharina Anders, Dr. Oliver Klass, Dr. Masahiro Jinzaki, and Dr. Elke Zimmermann contributed to the corresponding chapters of Cardiac CT .
- Author(s)Marc Dewey
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication23/05/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note173 black & white illustrations, 246 colour illustrations, 50 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1728 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.