All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCardiac disease is the major cause of death in dialysis patients, accounting for over one third of deaths. This book focuses on myocardial function and dysfunction in chronic uremia. It is aimed at practicing and training nephrologists, cardiologists, and internists, and at research workers in the field. We have tried to produce an up-to-date, in-depth review of the subject by inviting experts in clinical epidemiology, pathophysiology, and thera- peutics to write the 18 chapters. The book is divided into three sections. The first section comprises five chapters that provide an overview of the burden of illness associated with cardiac disease in end-stage renal disease and a review of clinical epidemi- ological aspects of various cardiac diseases that occur in renal patients. The second section discusses abrmalities of left ventricular contractility and mass, and the factors that predispose to both systolic and diastolic disorders. The importance of hypertension, anemia, hyperparathyroidism, hyper- lipidemia, and diabetes mellitus in predisposing to these abrmalities is reviewed splendidly by researchers active in these areas. The final section concentrates on therapeutics. Data and opinion on management of congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, hypertension, and arrhythmias are provided. In editing this book, we have reviewed an extensive literature, but un- fortunately we have become more aware that substantial gaps in our kwl- edge exist. Insufficient high-quality clinical research has been undertaken xiii xiv Preface regarding the various cardiac diseases that occur in end-stage renal disease.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleTopics in Renal Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight516 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJohn D. Harnett,Patrick S. Parfrey
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.