All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCardiac tamponade is a life threatening pericardial disease which is characterized by an obstruction of inflow of blood to the ventricles leading to a decrease of cardiac output as a result of the pressure around the heart caused by accumulation of fluid within the pericardial space in a sufficient quantity. In this book, the key elements of the anatomy and physiology of the pericardium are reviewed, and the pathophysiology, etiology, clinical features, diagsis and management of cardiac tamponade are discussed. Regional blood flow and metabolic derangements reported in experimental models are reviewed as well. Other chapters examine the epidemiology, clinical presentation, diagstic and therapeutic approaches of malignant pericardial effusion and a discussion of mood alteration (in particular, acute dysphoria) that is associated with cardiac tamponade, that which is widely mentioned in nursing and medical literature.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight348 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byCameron L. Pittman
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.