All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Major Charles Davenport is evacuated to England, to recuperate from a battle wound received at Tobruk a letter is awaiting him from his wife in London, informing him that she's in love with ather man and wants a divorce. Mary Kennedy is a young Irish-American who has moved to her grandparent's cottage in Ireland to mourn the loss of her husband and infant daughter. Participating in a Red Cross morale-building effort, she corresponds with a young British soldier, but his letters cease abrubtly following the fall of Tobruk. Determined to learn what has become of him she makes her way to the army hospital in Sussex where his commanding officer, Major Davenport, kindly explains the young soldier's fate. Thus begins a love story, carried out almost entirely by letter, crystallized by distance and heightened by the intimacy of the private written word set against the dramatic events of WWII and culminating in the landings on D-Day at Sword Beach.
- Author BiographyJohn Kerr's writing draws on many years' study of European and American history. Kerr received a J.D. from the University of Texas and a B.A. from Stanford University, where he studied history, literature, and poetry. He lives in San Antonio, Texas. Cardigan Bay is his third novel published by Robert Hale.
- Author(s)John Kerr
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $86.25New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $86.23
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.27Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.