All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe literature relating to the learned control of automic processes, especially cardiovascular processes demonstrating that the activities of visceral response systems may be modifi ed by operant reinforcement and biofeedback procedures, has grown exponentially. This research seems to show behavioral properties in the cardiovascular system that were previously believed to be exclusive attributes of the somatic response systems; the implications of this for possible therapeutic use have received widespread publicity. Questions remained unanswered-about the nature of voluntary control and the conditions necessary for establishing it, the reciprocal effects of conditioned changes in cardiovascular and psychological or behavioral functioning, the use of cardiovascular events to index behavioral states, and the principles and techniques whereby operant conditioning of the cardiovascular system can be clinically applied.
- Author BiographyPaul A. Obrist was professor, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina. A.H. Black was professor, Department of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Behavior at McMaster University. Jasper Brener is professor emeritus specializing in biopsychology at Stony Brook University. Leo V. DiCara was professor, Departments of Psychiatry and Psychology, University of Michigan Medical Center. He is the author of Limbic and Autonomic Nervous Systems Research and Learning in the Autonomic Nervous System.
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication30/12/2007
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight983 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byA. H. Black,Jasper Brener,Leo V. DiCara,Paul A. Obrist
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.