All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an articulate, concise, contemporary introduction to the study of important variables underlying cardiovascular reactivity. Its strength is in the combination of a scholarly but npedantic approach to cardiovascular psychophysiology and a solid understanding of be- havioral medicine approaches to the study of hypertension. The topics covered are central to the study of relationships between behavior and cardiovascular reactivity; the list of suggested readings at the end of each chapter provides excellent guidance for more detailed study of specific issues. It has w been more than a dozen years since Plenum Press published Paul Obrist's seminal mograph Cardiovascular Psycho- physiology. The volume had a major impact in relating cardiovascular regulation to behaving individuals and in developing thoughtful hy- potheses concerning such factors as they might pertain to hypertension. The impact of that work extended across scientific disciplines as well as aross continents. At the time the Obrist book was published, a young psychologist, J. Rick Turner, was completing his Ph. D. thesis in psychol- ogy at the University of Birmingham, England, on heart rate reactions to psychological challenge. After continued collaboration for the next several years with his former Ph. D. mentor, Douglas Carroll, Turner joined the Obrist laboratory at the University of North Carolina. Al- though Obrist unfortunately died during Turner's tenure in the labora- tory, collaboration continued with Kathleen Light and Andrew Sher- wood. The enlightened legacy of the North Carolina laboratory can clearly be seen in this text.
- Author(s)J. Rick Turner
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/06/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleThe Springer Series in Behavioral Psychophysiology and Medicine
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.