All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCare in Nursing addresses the fundamental caring principles, values, and skills nurses require to provide sound care to their patients and to meet the challenges of nursing in the future. Exploring essential kwledge and competencies, the authors explore research, evidence and real life practice before outlining practical skills which will empower nurses to deliver quality care. Written by nurses and health professionals from both practice and academia, Care in Nursing explores how care underpins every element of nursing including: patient centred care, cultural diversity, sociology, psychology, communication, partnership working, law and ethics, management and leadership, and more. A specific chapter also addresses how nurses can develop self-care techniques to meet the pressures and demands of a challenging yet ultimately rewarding career. Relevant to nurses in all fields and a diverse range of clinical and n-clinical settings, this is essential reading for nursing students, qualified nurses, mentors, nursing academics as well as nurse managers and leaders.
- Author BiographyWilfred McSherry is Professor in Dignity of Care for Older People, Centre for Practice and Service Improvement at the Faculty of Health Staffordshire University and The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust UK and Part-Time Professor at Haraldsplass Deaconess University College, Bergen, Norway Roger Watson is Professor of Nursing, is Professor of Nursing, University of Western Sydney, Australia and Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Advanced Nursing and holds several visiting positions in China and Australia.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/02/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteYes
- Weight670 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byRobert McSherry,Roger Watson,Wilfred McSherry
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.