All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn what way is care a matter of tinkering ? Rather than presenting care as a (preferably warm ) relation between human beings, the various contributions to the volume give the material world (usually cast as cold ) a prominent place in their analysis. Thus, this book does t continue to oppose care and techlogy, but contributes to rethinking both in such a way that they can be analysed together. Techlogy is t cast as a functional tool, easy to control it is shifting, changing, surprising and adaptable. In care practices all things are (and have to be) tinkered with persistently. Kwledge is fluid, too. Rather than a set of general rules, the kwledges (in the plural) relevant to care practices are as adaptable and in need of adaptation as the techlogies, the bodies, the people, and the daily lives involved.
- Author BiographyAnnemarie Mol is Socrates Professor for Social Theory, Humanism and Materialities in the Department of Sociology & Anthropology of the University of Amsterdam. Ingunn Moser is Professor of Sociology and Dean of the Department of Nursing of Diakonhjemmet University College in Oslo. Jeannette Pols is Senior Researcher in the Medical Ethics section of the Department of General Practice of the University of Amsterdam.
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Content Note24 b&w
- Weight468 g
- Width135 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byAnnemarie Mol,Ingunn Moser,Jeannette Pols
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.