All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionNeurological conditions (stroke, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease etc.) account for the third largest number of patient admissions within the UK (after heart disease and cancer). Very little attention or priority is given to the needs of these patients and many are nursed outside specialist units (acute neurology cases account for 20% of admissions to general medical wards). This book aims to help students and registered nurses develop their skills in caring for patients with ongoing neurological disorders. Care of the Neurological Patient focuses on practical care in a n-specialist setting, using the '12 Activities of Living' model of nursing. The initial chapter addresses assessment and prioritisation of care needs and subsequent chapters focus on specific patient needs in each of the twelve areas. Topics include swallowing and elimination problems, sensory and perceptual problems, chronic pain and fatigue, depression, cognitive and communication problems, mobility problems and spasticity. It Includes practical evidence-based guidelines for managing existing problems and preventing complications.
- Author BiographyHelen Iggulden is a Lecturer in Nursing at the University of Salford.
- Author(s)Helen Iggulden
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/04/2006
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleEssential Clinical Skills for Nurses
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note27 illustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width124 mm
- Height187 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.