Career-Ology: The Art and Science of a Successful Career by Jeff Chapski (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
About this product
- DescriptionJeff Chapski asks new professionals a fundamental question: You've landed your first job after graduating from college, but do you have all of the necessary skills to be successful in your career? In Career-ology: The Art and Science of a Successful Career, Chapski identifies key skills and concepts necessary for success. He shares insightful and practical business wisdom and teaches the skills to launch and build a successful career. He offers experience-accelerating business advice those seeking to get ahead on the job. Chapski has coached and mentored hundreds of college students and recent graduates to succeed at work. He draws on more than two decades of experience working with industry leaders and start-up organizations in the financial services, consulting, and techlogy sectors. Whether you're starting out in banking, finance, management, consulting, accounting, law, sales, teaching, education, government, public service, science, the arts, politics, or nprofits, this book will help you achieve success. It covers such essential subjects as organizational awareness, public speaking and presenting, business writing, sales and negotiating, personal branding, executive presence, business etiquette, and professional networking. Career-ology also tells you how to accelerate your own career experience. And it helps you to proactively manage your own professional development. For each skill and concept, Career-ology includes a list of specially selected resources for further exploration and study-including other books, blogs, videos, online and offline training. Each chapter also describes next steps -- specific tasks to help you take action. Career-ology: The Art and Science of A Successful Career is for recent college graduates and new professionals in the first five years of their careers. This book provides an overview of the key skills that serve as the foundation for professional development. Career-ology also looks at how you accelerate your own career experience and proactively manage your own professional development. Your definition of success may include money, power, influence, meaning, social impact, flexibility, or entrepreneurship. No matter how you define success, Career-ology can help you achieve your career and professional goals. Here's what some readers have said about Career-ology: A great resource for new college graduates looking to launch their careers and young professionals interested in mastering skills for heightened career success. A practical book with very applicable advice and tools. Provides students and recent grads with a blueprint for success. A how-to manual that will set your grad on course with skills such as how to navigate a networking event or write an email It took me ten years to figure out what Chapski lays out for grads before their careers start. A post-graduate manual full of real-world skills and timely resources. The secret manual for how to succeed in the workplace in this digital age. Even peak performers need to understand the 'soft skills' that enable rapid advancement. Jam-packed with practical, insightful, street-smart advice that simply isn't taught in college, law or business school. Great practical advice for both the recent college graduate as well as more seasoned professional looking for a refresher. Building blocks for a successful career. The right stuff for today's career chase!
- Author(s)Jeff Chapski
- PublisherLondon and White LLC
- Date of Publication15/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLondon and White LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.