All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCareer changes are becoming common among professionals in recent years. Many physicians may want to change direction, but often do t kw whether it is the right thing to do or if pursuing a career outside of clinical practice would achieve their professional goals. Doctors have the training and education to contribute to society in many beneficial ways in addition to traditional clinical practice. Yet, there is formal mapped-out route for doctors who want to pursue alternative careers, which is where Careers Beyond Clinical Medicine comes in. Doctors at any stage, from early in training to mid-career, to nearing retirement, can use Careers Beyond Clinical Medicine to clearly evaluate the issues involved when considering a career change. This book shows physicians how they can serve society and patients in invative ways, and make a table impact on health care delivery, policy and quality when they use their medical background in a n-traditional career pursuit. The numerous unadvertised opportunities for physicians are explored and a step-by-step route with practical advice for finding the best career is described. Recent advances in healthcare techlogy, medical science, patient education require physicians to play new roles that have t traditionally been well-defined. Doctors can invate and have a long-term productive impact on healthcare in the United States and throughout the world if they learn to seize the n-traditional career opportunities available to physicians, or even create a new way to fill a void in health care. Careers in Clinical Medicine helps illuminate that path.
- Author BiographyHeidi Moawad, MD, was trained at the University of Chicago and has worked as a Neurologist in Chicago and in the Department of Neurology at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. She is active in the American Academy of Neurology in the areas of medical economics, payment policy, and patient and physician advocacy. She has also worked in the insurance industry as a physician consultant for seven years. She currently teaches undergraduate courses at John Carroll University in Cleveland, Ohio and volunteers as a Neurologist at North Coast Health ministry in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Author(s)Heidi Moawad
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight298 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.