All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCareers without Borders analyzes the challenges, debates and developments in global careers using a critical management perspective. Starting in the early nineties, the flow of information became more fluid, and with this, managers and professionals started operating across borders, crossing different contexts in greater numbers than ever before. In this edited collection, contributors from around the world examine how context, culture and social relations of power all impact on how professionals interact with new structural and ideological frameworks. Issues such as regulation and law, policies, history, identities and inequalities are explored. The book covers a wide range of countries, including USA, China, Brazil, Ghana and Hungary, offering strong theoretical analyses, as well as practical implications. This book aims to help students and managers understand the career issues involved when they do business in other countries. It will appeal to students on human resource management or international business courses.
- Author BiographyCristina Reis is Associate Professor of Management and has been teaching in the US and in European countries. Her research has been sponsored by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology. She is also the recipient of an Academic Management Award and Emerald Award of Excellence. Yehuda Baruch is a Professor of Management and Associate Dean for Research at Rouen Business School, France and Middlesex University, UK. His research interests and writing have been extensive and wide ranging, with particular focus on Careers and Global HRM, including over 100 refereed papers, including JoM, HRM, OD, JVB, HuRel and OrgSt and over 30 books and book chapters. Former Editor of Group & Organization Management and Career Development International, and former Chair, Careers Division, Academy of Management.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/12/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byCristina Reis,Yehuda Baruch
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.56Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.