All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAh, to be an embryo again. Vanier's story begins where we all begin: conception. This delightful piece of life writing, set on the Caribbean island of St Kitts, recalls the mischief of Vanier's childhood: sneaking out to the cinema after school hours, throwing stones at a passing car, disastrous experiments involving various acids and a rocket. Is this boy lost in the plain sailing of childhood or can he turn his curiosity into Caribbean Chemistry? This is a story of self-discovery, told candidly in language rich eugh to eat: Breadfruit, breadnut, bamboo, lignum vitae, marouba, weedee, and calabash. Funny and engaging, a story about breaking the barriers of identity and finding them again. It is a rare view of the emigrants tale.
- Author BiographyChristopher Vanier retired from engineering to write. He has read at the British Institute of Paris and The American Library of Paris. In 2006 he was awarded first prize at the annual WICE Paris Writers' Workshop. In the same year he won a fellowship to the Summer Literary Seminar in Kenya. Vanier lives in Paris.
- Author(s)Christopher Vanier
- PublisherKingston University Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationKingston Upon Thames
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKingston University Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight483 g
- Width138 mm
- Height212 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.