All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe book presents a representative selection of the papers presented at the second Conference on Caribbean Culture in hour of Kamau Brathwaite. It offers an interdisciplinary range of studies that range from analyses of Braithwaithe's creative and critical work to interventions in the fields of social history, cultural studies, gender studies, linguistics and sociology, that have been either directly or indirectly influenced by Braithwaite's own pioneering work in Caribbean social history and cultural studies. The manuscript offers the most current critical commentary on the work and ideas of Kamau Brathwaite, and it also provides an extremely useful range of analyses of contemporary Caribbean culture and social history. The primary target audience is academics and students working in the field of Caribbean and cultural studies, while the secondary audience includes researchers working on Kamau Brathwaite's creative and critical work.
- Author BiographyAnnie Paul is a writer and critic based at the University of the West Indies, Jamaica, where she is Publications Editor at the Sir Arthur Lewis Institute of Social and Economic Studies, Managing Editor of the journal, Social and Economic Studies and Associate Editor of Small Axe.
- PublisherUniversity of the West Indies Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2004
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationKingston
- Country of PublicationJamaica
- ImprintUniversity of the West Indies Press
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAnnie Paul
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.