All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the experiences of Caribbean immigrants to Spain, France, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands as well as the United States. This work shows the demographic, socio-ecomic, political and cultural impact migrants have, as well as their role in the development of transnational social fields.
- Author BiographyMargarita Cervantes-Rodriguez is currently a visiting research scholar at the Center for Migration and Development at Princeton University. She is the author of International Migration in Cuba: Accumulation, Imperial Designs and Transnational Social Fields. Ramon Grosfoguel is Associate Professor in the Department of Ethnic Studies at the University of California-Berkeley and Senior Research Associate of the Maison des Sciences de l'Homme in Paris. His most recent book is Colonial Subjects: Puerto Ricans in a Global Perspective. Eric Mielants is Associate Professor in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology in the College of Arts and Sciences at Fairfield University. He is the author of The Origins of Capitalism and the Rise of the West. (Temple).
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/02/2009
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Content Note8 tables, 8 halftones, 2 maps, 2 figures
- Weight499 g
- Width160 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byEric Mielants,Margarita Cervantes-Rodriguez,Ramon Grosfoguel
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.