All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFood is something that we all have in common. We all need to eat to stay alive but the staggering variety of foods eaten around the world and the variety of ways in which they are cooked makes for a fascinating read. Do you kw your ackee from your plantain? There's much more to Caribbean food than jerk chicken and rice and peas! Discover all about the types of food Caribbean people eat - from the traditional to the modern - and read about how food is used in cultural and religious celebrations, by families, in different regions and at different times of the year. Then have a go at making a Caribbean dish of your own using one of the step-by-step recipes. A series of eight titles that explore food from eight very different countries around the world. Each book gives a brief overview of the history of food in each country before you delve deeper into what makes each a unique eating experience.
- Author BiographyJen Green received a doctorate from the University of Sussex (Dept of English and American Studies) in 1982. She worked in publishing for 15 years and is now a full-time writer, who has written over 150 books for children. Her book 'Your Feelings: I'm Special' was short-listed for the NASEN Special Needs Award.
- Author(s)Dr Jen Green
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleA World of Food
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight162 g
- Width220 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.