All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNobody expects their parent to get dementia. Nobody is prepared for it. But for Merideth, her mother did get dementia and for the next three years she became her full time carer. Caring for Somebody with Dementia describes the experiences of life with dementia over those three years. For all that time Dementia sat himself between Merideth and her mother - or at least he tried to. Dementia was a spiteful fellow and had brought with it the more obvious symptoms - delusions, anxiety, depression, memory loss. The book details the causes of dementia, mechanisms for dealing with symptoms and offers advice on personal care, frailty and the practicalities of caring. It also gives insight into the vital issue of how to maintain communication with somebody with dementia. Caring for Somebody with Dementia is written with compassion, humour and love. As well as offering a wealth of practical information to others living or working with people with dementia the book puts a human face on the illness. It shows that while dealing with delusions, personal care and other day-to-day challenges it is possible for the carer to maintain a genuine unity with the person they are looking after and that caring can be a rewarding, even inspiring, experience.
- Author BiographyMerideth Sindel, born and raised in country New South Wales, now lives in Sydney. After school she studied Communications, specialising in Journalism she later completed Honours in Ancient History at University of New England, Armidale. She's written one novel, Erika, about a friend who was killed in a car accident.
- Author(s)Merideth Sindel
- PublisherConnor Court Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBallarat
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintConnor Court Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white illu
- Weight234 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.