All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the age of two, Carly Fleischmann was diagsed with severe autism and an oral motor condition that prevented her from speaking. Doctors predicted that she would never intellectually develop beyond the abilities of a small child. Although she made some progress after years of intensive behavioral and communication therapy, Carly remained largely unreachable. Then, at age ten, Carly had a breakthrough. While sitting in her kitchen with her devoted therapist Howie, Carly reached over to the laptop and typed MEAN, referring to Howie's efforts to get her to do her work for the day. She then went on to further explain her recalcitrant mood by typing TEETH HURT, much to Howie's astonishment.This was the beginning of Carly's journey toward self-realization. Although Carly still struggles with all the symptoms of autism, which she describes with uncanny accuracy and detail, she w has regular, witty, and profound conversations on the computer with her family, her therapists, and the thousands of people who follow her via her blog, Facebook, and Twitter. A 2009 segment on 20/20 brought her story to national attention, and she has since appeared on television with Larry King, Ellen DeGeneres, and Holly Robinson Peete, all of whom have developed warm relationships with her.In Carly's Voice, her father, Arthur Fleischmann, blends Carly's own words with his story of getting to kw his remarkable daughter. One of the first books to explore firsthand the challenges of living with autism, it brings listeners inside a once-secret world in the company of an inspiring young woman who has found her voice and her mission.
- Author BiographyA passionate advocate for children with autism, Arthur Fleischmann is the founder and president of John St., a Canadian advertising agency. Carly Fleischmann is the daughter of Arthur Fleischmann, author of Carly's Voice, which chronicles Carly's inspiring journey through the challenges of living with autism. An AudioFile Earphones Award winner and Audie Award finalist, Patrick Lawlor is also an accomplished stage actor.Cassandra Campbell has recorded nearly two hundred audiobooks and directed many more. She has been nominated for and won multiple Audie Awards, as well as a prestigious Odyssey Award, and she has been awarded more than twenty AudioFile Earphones Awards. Cassandra was also named a Best Voice by AudioFile for 2009 and 2010.
- Author(s)Arthur Fleischmann,Carly Fleischmann
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication27/03/2012
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Patrick Lawlor,Cassandra Campbell
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time720
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.35
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.89
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $64.96
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $41.77
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.