All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $23.25
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.35
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.27
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.86
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $24.89
- AU $18.02Trending at AU $28.11
About this product
- DescriptionAt the age of two, Carly Fleischmann was diagsed with severe autism and an oral motor condition that prevented her from speaking. Doctors predicted that she would never intellectually develop beyond the abilities of a small child. Although she made some progress after years of intensive behavioral and communication therapy, Carly remained largely unreachable. Then, at age ten, Carly had a breakthrough. While sitting in her kitchen with her devoted therapist Howie, Carly reached over to the laptop and typed MEAN, referring to Howie's efforts to get her to do her work for the day. She then went on to further explain her recalcitrant mood by typing TEETH HURT, much to Howie's astonishment.This was the beginning of Carly's journey toward self-realization. Although Carly still struggles with all the symptoms of autism, which she describes with uncanny accuracy and detail, she w has regular, witty, and profound conversations on the computer with her family, her therapists, and the thousands of people who follow her via her blog, Facebook, and Twitter. A 2009 segment on 20/20 brought her story to national attention, and she has since appeared on television with Larry King, Ellen DeGeneres, and Holly Robinson Peete, all of whom have developed warm relationships with her.In Carly's Voice, her father, Arthur Fleischmann, blends Carly's own words with his story of getting to kw his remarkable daughter. One of the first books to explore firsthand the challenges of living with autism, it brings listeners inside a once-secret world in the company of an inspiring young woman who has found her voice and her mission.
- Author BiographyA passionate advocate for children with autism, Arthur Fleischmann is the founder and president of John St., a Canadian advertising agency. Carly Fleischmann is the daughter of Arthur Fleischmann, author of Carly's Voice, which chronicles Carly's inspiring journey through the challenges of living with autism. Patrick Lawlor has recorded over three hundred audiobooks in just about every genre. He has been an Audie Award finalist multiple times and has garnered several AudioFile Earphones Awards, a Publishers Weekly Listen-Up Award, and many Library Journal and Kirkus starred audio reviews. Actress and director Cassandra Campbell has narrated nearly two hundred audiobooks and has received multiple Audie Awards and more than twenty AudioFile Earphones Awards, including for Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman.
- Author(s)Arthur Fleischmann,Carly Fleischmann
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication27/03/2012
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Patrick Lawlor,Cassandra Campbell
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time720
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.