All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach day, John, Yvette, and Carmen meet at a small cafe, La Baguette, for breakfast, where several pigeons make their home. It is there they find Bernadette, a rather special pigeon. The loving trio extends their welcome to this wounded pigeon, nursing her back to health and turning their trio into a loving foursome. Not all stories can have a happy ending, however. This is a story of love which teaches us that while bad things may happen in the world, happy times can always be remembered. About the Author John Gurley is a graduate of Stanford University, where he received his B.A. and Ph.D. He taught ecomics at Princeton University, did research in ecomics at The Brookings Institution in Washington, D. C., and was a professor of ecomics at Stanford from 1961 until his retirement in 1987. He and his wife, Yvette, continued to live on the Stanford campus until 2005, when they moved into a retirement home, also on Stanford land. He and Yvette have been married 69 years. His time in retirement has given him plenty of time to learn new things, including how to describe his and his friends' love for a pigeon, and her love for them.
- Author(s)John G Gurley
- PublisherDorrance Publishing Co.
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDorrance Publishing Co.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight50 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.