Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA story about the dark forces that lurk beneath the facade of civilisation, where passions are brutal, and erotic love is seductive yet sinister. When Jose meets a gypsy woman, he is intrigued by her exoticism, but he has idea that his chance encounter with 'the pretty witch' will have disastrous consequences. With her magic and her malevolent spirit, Carmen exerts a powerful charm on the submissive and unwitting Jose, who is drawn into a seedy underworld of bandits and smugglers until he is driven to the ultimate revenge. In Carmen, Merimee introduced a classic literary type: the femme fatale who exploits her sexuality and mysterious air to ensnare and ultimately destroy the weak and unsuspecting man who is unfortunate eugh to cross her path.
- Author BiographyProsper Merimee (1803-70) wrote novels, plays and short-stories, the most well-known of which, Carmen (1845) was the inspiration for Bizet's famous opera. Philip Pullman is the author of the celebrated His Dark Materials trilogy: Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass, which was the first children's book to win the Whitbread Book Award.
- Author(s)Prosper Merimee
- PublisherHesperus Press Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleHesperus Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHesperus Press Ltd
- Weight145 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byAndrew Brown
- Foreword byPhilip Pullman
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.