All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSex magic allows us to tap in to the most abundant power source available: sexual energy. Magicians, shamans, and fakirs throughout history have used physical stimulation and ritual to harness sexual energy, unlock inner states of consciousness, and activate the ability to influence their surroundings. While pleasure is often the focus of this stimulation, pain is just as effective, if t more so. Combining both pleasure and pain, the sadomasochistic practice of Carnal Alchemy offers a powerful tool for self-transformation and the realization of magical and spiritual aims. Authors Stephen and Crystal Dawn Flowers explain the sado-magical workings of Carnal Alchemy from both the perspective of the submissive partner as well as the dominant. They detail the 6 major techniques of sadomasochistic stimulation--bondage, flagellation, piercing, penetration, clamping, and heat/cold--and how they can be combined with sexual stimulation for magical purposes. They trace the roots of the BDSM tradition in ancient pagan rites of passage, in indigeus shamanic rituals, and through historical figures who used this form of sexuality in their magic and philosophy, from the Marquis de Sade to more modern exemplars such as Aleister Crowley, Ernst Schertel, and Anton LaVey. This guide also covers specialized furniture and tools and the decor of the Chamber to trigger states of consciousness in which the Sado-Magician can effectively express his or her will.
- Author BiographyStephen E. Flowers, Ph.D., and Crystal Dawn Flowers, husband and wife of more than 30 years, are the former heads of the Order of the Triskelion, a magical order dedicated to the practice of Carnal Alchemy. Stephen is the author of several books, including Lords of the Left-Hand Path, and translator of Secret Practices of the Sufi Freemasons. He is the director of the Woodharrow Institute for Germanic and Runic Studies. The authors live near Austin, Texas.
- Author(s)Crystal Dawn Flowers,Stephen E. Flowers
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication21/09/2013
- SubjectSex & Sexuality
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Content Note9 b&w illustrations
- Weight269 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.