All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first name in American elegance, Carolina Herrera has distinguished herself in the global fashion world with a style that exudes luxury, femininity, and impeccable taste. Encouraged by friend and admirer Diana Vreeland to open her fashion house in 1981, Herrera s collections are favoured by First Ladies (from Jackie Kennedy to Michelle Obama), celebrities, inter- national royalty, and her own faithful clientele for their refinement, timelessness, and glamour. The first complete portrait of this influential designer s career, this mograph is both a celebration of three-and-a-half decades of the house s work and a look forward. Organized into chapters that highlight signatures of Herrera s work, the book illustrates the distinctive invation and caliber of her designs (she is one of the few American designers who still employ couture-trained ateliers team). The text, by veteran fashion writer J.J. Martin, includes quotes by colleagues and friends, interviews, and behind-the- scenes reporting. In addition to archival images, the lavish visual materials include new photography of Herrera s work from her 1981 debut to the present. Art directed by Fabien Baron, with a foreword by Suzy Menkes, this book is an exciting look at one of the leading figures in American fashion.
- Author BiographyCarolina Herrera is an American fashion designer, who launched her eponymous label in 1981. Her awards include the 2004 CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year award and their Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award in 2008. J.J. Martin is a Milan-based fashion and design journalist. She is a contributing editor at Wallpaper* and founder of LaDoubleJ, a creative agency and shoppable website dedicated to living the Italian high life. Suzy Menkes is the international editor of Vogue, covering fashion for the magazine s online channel and heading-up the annual Conde Nast International Luxury Conference. Her reports appear on 19 international Vogue websites in 13 languages.
- Author(s)Carolina Herrera,J.J. Martin
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 colour and black and white photographs
- Weight2631 g
- Width279 mm
- Height356 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.