All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
About this product
- DescriptionCaroline kws best. Caroline's mother ran away from her father when Caroline was four years old, and her father and stepmother died fifteen years later, leaving her with a young step-brother and two young step-sisters to bring up. Orphaned, and in the care of their eldest sister, the three children grow up in a world where one thing is true: Caroline kws best. The children adore her, but as they grow up and spread their wings, tension creeps into formerly happy relationships as Caroline cant bear to relinquish her hold on them. Having sacrificed her own life for the children, to whom she is practically a mother, Caroline values loyalty above all else; but when she invites a guest into her home, she is t prepared for the resulting shift in allegiances in her long-established realm. First published in 1936, Caroline offers a nuanced study of family relationships, of women trapped by duty and respectability, and how good intentions can sometimes have unwanted consequences. One of Richmal Crompton's 'lost' adult vels, Bello is proud to bring eleven of these titles back into print for the first time since original publication.
- Author BiographyRichmal Crompton (1890-1969) is best known for her thirty-eight books featuring William Brown, which were published between 1922 and 1970. Born in Lancashire, Crompton won a scholarship to Royal Holloway in London, where she trained as a schoolteacher, graduating in 1914, before turning to writing full-time in 1923. Alongside the William novels, Crompton wrote forty-one novels for adults, as well as nine collections of short stories.
- Author(s)Richmal Crompton
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.