About this product
- DescriptionIn pioneer Wisconsin in 1877, Carrie Heidenworth, survivor of the Great Peshtigo Fire, has married her sweetheart Hans Heiss. Together, they have rebuilt the Heidenworth homestead and w have a thriving orchard. Along with her longtime friends, Carrie befriends a neighboring girl named Jaz, who becomes Carrie s energetic helper. Harvest time brings friends and neighbors together to pick the apple crop, and a school is built nearby. Of course, adventures occur, and an elusive stranger appears, spying on Carrie and Hans. With typical kindness, Carrie seeks to discover the man s surprising story. This is the fourth book in the award-winning Carrie Heidenworth series, a saga of survival, faith, and friendships in rtheastern Wisconsin, in the aftermath of the little-kwn Peshtigo Fire that occurred the same night as the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. Author Nelda Johnson Liebig is the author of many children s short stories and this series of vels about a young girl who faced and survived the Peshtigo Fire by virtue of her courage, faith, and friendships. Ms. Liebig lives in Trempealeau, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)Nelda Johnson Liebig
- PublisherMidwest Traditions
- Date of Publication02/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMidwest Traditions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.