Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe handbag has long been a symbol of status and style - it dominates the fashion scene, adds that all important finishing touch to the outfit, and is the portable accessory that woman can live without. So, while some may say that diamonds are a girl's best friend, it's t just diamonds that make a girl shine - it's also the handbag she carries. This book celebrates some of the most fantastic and desirable handbags of the 1950s. All are constructed of lucite - an acrylic plastic - considered to be a radical and invative substance at the time. Still highly desirable and collected today, they command high sums on the vintage fashion scene. Unrivalled for their beauty, influential because of their unusual designs, without exception they truly sparkle like diamonds. This book is packed with stunning examples shown in all their glory in over 160 fantastic photographs.
- Author BiographyJanice Berkson is the owner of DECO JEWELS in New York (Soho), and one of the major experts on this subject.
- Author(s)Janice Berkson
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Out-of-print date22/02/2017
- Content Note200 col., 10 b&w
- Weight1297 g
- Width245 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Bigelow Taylor,Dianne Dubler
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.