All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCarter discovers a creepy maze at the fair and travels farther and farther back in time. How will he ever get back to the present?
The fair is dull, dull, dull, and thing interesting will ever happen to Carter again until Carter discovers the curious maze.
Nothing has ever happened here in the history of the world, he thinks. But the maze has some strange secrets, and the spot Carter stands upon has seen some very exciting events over the centuries.
Once Carter enters the maze, odd people begin to appear. First he meets Mr. Green, the mysterious, creepy maze-keeper, then a leaf-covered girl, a lost little boy in old-fashioned clothes, a wounded British soldier, and finally an eighteenth-century Native boy who seems very authentic, indeed.
When Carter eventually escapes the curious maze, the fair is all wrong. There are too many horses, ladies in bonnets, and what s a freak show doing there? Carter begins his travels through time, and his dull afteron is about to get very, very interesting.
- Author BiographyPhilippa Dowding is an award-winning copywriter, poet, and children s author. Her books have been nominated for the Diamond Willow, Hackmatack, Silver Birch, and Red Maple awards. Her third book, The Gargoyle at the Gates, was named a White Raven Book by the International Youth Library in Munich. Philippa lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Philippa Dowding
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Note6, black & white illustrations, b&w
- Weight158 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.