All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy addressing questions of culture, identity and politics, Cartographies of Diaspora throws new light on discussions about 'difference' and 'diversity', informed by feminism and post-structuralism. It examines these themes by exploring the intersections of 'race', gender, class, sexuality, ethnicity, generation and nationalism in different discourses, practices and political contexts. The first three chapters map the emergence of 'Asian' as a racialized category in post-war British popular and political discourse and state practices. It documents Asian cultural and political responses paying particular attention to the role of gender and generation. The remaining six chapters analyse the debate on 'difference', 'diversity' and 'diaspora' across different sites, but mainly within feminism, anti-racism, and post-structuralism.
- Author BiographyAvtar Brah teaches at Birkbeck College, University of London.
- Author(s)Avtar Brah
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/1996
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.