All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBetween the classic films of Walt Disney and the televised animation revolution of the 1960s was a critical decade in animation design. Amid Amidi, publisher of the influential Animation Blast magazine and Cartoon Brew blog charts the evolution of the modern style in animation, which abandoned the preferred lifelike anthopomorphic look for a more sophisticated and often abstract approach. In this way, animation design of the time has much in common with the modern movements in painting and graphic design. Gathering hundreds of rare and forgotten sketches, model boards, cels, and film stills, Cartoon Modern is a thoroughly researched, eye-popping, and delightful account of perhaps the most critical era of animation design.
- Author BiographyAmid Amidi is the publisher and editor of the magazine Animation Blast and co-founder of the popular animation weblog CartoonBrew.com. In addition to writing, Amidi works in the animation industry. He is the author of The Art of Robots, also from Chronicle Books.
- Author(s)Amid Amidi
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication29/09/2006
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Out-of-print date10/09/2016
- Content Note250 colour and black and white photographs
- Weight1296 g
- Width285 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.