All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe former abbey church of Saint-Sernin in Toulouse - w kwn as the Basilica of Saint-Sernin - was built between about 1080 and 1120, and restored by French architect Viollet-le-Duc during the nineteenth century. The cartulary of the abbey, which contains copies of all the charters and records relating to the institution, was established between 844 and 1200, and transcribed by several copyists at the end of the twelfth century. It went missing for several centuries, but was rediscovered in 1885 by Celestin Douais (1848-1915), a priest and professor of ecclesiastical history at the Institut Catholique of Toulouse. Originally published in 1887, Douais' scholarly edition of the Saint-Sernin cartulary was the first to make these important documents available to the public. It provides valuable information on the history of the abbey, and remains an essential resource for palaeographers and medieval historians.
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication19/08/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Medieval History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 colour illus.
- Weight1290 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byCelestin Douais
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.