All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting 10 projects--from shaping the surface through layout to rough carving and detailed carving--this guide explains the process of carving authentic motifs found on the most treasured pieces of 18th-century American furniture. Written with a two-pronged approach, the book first emphasizes that these are learned skills and offers guidance while, secondly, providing all the complex details that serious carvers need to reproduce each element with confidence. Selected for their importance and popularity on museum-quality pieces, projects include the cabriole leg, Philadelphia-style ball and claw foot, carved foliage on knee, Philadelphia rosette, and Newport flame finial, among others.
- Author BiographyTony Kubalak builds Queen Anne and Chippendale reproductions, and his work has been featured in Fine Woodworking Magazine, Midwest Home Magazine, Woodshop News, and Woodwork Magazine. He lives is Eagan, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Tony Kubalak
- PublisherLinden Publishing Co Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationFresno, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLinden Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece, figures
- Weight440 g
- Width189 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.